Re-skinning is one of the best tools and art forms a GM, of any game system, should become familiar with. It involves changing the appearance and feel of something by changing little more than the way it looks and key words. Re-skinning can be shallow, simple changes (like description) or they can become so deep you almost make whole new creatures. This is a topic I think about and will be covering a lot. Below you can find the re-skinning article archive and links to pages with some sample scenarios/descriptions for the creatures I “make” in those articles.
- Making Old Things New, Basics Of Re-skinning
- Chimera Proof of Concept
- Plant Dragons or Dragon Plants?
- Stepping Away From Easy
- Getting Crazy With Chimeras
- Lizardfolk From Around The World
- Lizardfolk From Around The World Part 2
- Spellcaster’s Flair
- Danger of Casting Strange Spells
- New “Classes”
- Changing A Recipe’s Flavor